To use the email templates feature you need to fulfill two requirements. First, you need to have the feature active on your company account. If your account doesn’t have the feature, please contact our representative to acquire it. Secondly, your user account must own ‘Candidate management’ and ‘Company manager’ roles. If it doesn’t please ask your manager to assign you these roles.
Accessing the email templates panel is simple - you need to click on the top-right icon and click on ‘Email templates’ as shown in the image below.
You will be welcomed by the Email templates panel. On top you can see the selection panel, you can click on a specific category to filter the templates. There are four categories of templates:
- Invitation - Used as a template for test invitation emails.
- Reminder - Used as a template for a reminder that there are 24 hours left to take the test.
- Qualification - Used as a template for sending an email with feedback to the candidates after they were accepted by the user.
- Disqualification - Used as a template for sending an email with feedback to the candidates after they were rejected by the user.
To create a new template click on ‘Add new template’ and then select the category.
You will have few fields to fill in. The ‘Template name’ is the name for your template used only for the main list and ‘Email title’ will be used as a title of the automatic email. The ‘Email content’ field is used to create the main part of the email. Click on ‘Insert’ to add a snippet or a button.
When creating the invitation template please remember to add a button that is the invite button, without it the candidate won’t be able to access their exam!
See the example below.
You can modify the graphic style of all templates by clicking on ‘Style settings’ either when in the template editor or the main menu. There are several categories to choose from. You can either select one of the predefined colors or use the RGB code for the color that you’d like to use. If you like your scheme - click save on the bottom of the page. The preview template can be visible below so you can see how your scheme looks like - example below.
Please remember that this scheme will apply to all templates!
On the bottom of the template editor, there are few helpful buttons as well.
- VALIDATE button will check for syntax mistakes, for example, brackets that aren’t closed, etc
- SYNTAX field on the left side will indicate when there is a mistake after validation.
- PREVIEW button will let you see how the email template would look - you can choose either HTML or text.
- SAVE button to save your template when you’re happy with it.
You can assign your template to a test or multiple tests in the field that will appear after saving the template.
When you click on the switch near ‘Set as default template’ to set your template as a default template for the type i.e. invitation, reminder, etc.
Remember that there can only be one default template active at the time so when you save your new template it might override the previous one.
You can always click on the three dots to duplicate, edit, manage assigned tests, or delete the template. Example below.